Basil-parmesan egg-battered chicken breast over basil-parmesan risotto with a sherry-butter finish.
Chicken is from Bell & Evans.
This dinner is ready in less than fifteen minutes.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
1. Preheat sauté pan on the stovetop over medium-high heat.
2. Add half the butter that is provided to the heated pan.
3. Add pre-battered chicken breast into the heated sauté pan (basil is already added).
4. Cook until golden brown, three minutes on each side.
5. When you turn over the chicken, open the shallots and garlic. Add the contents to the sauté pan.
6. Deglaze the sauté pan with sherry while the chicken is in the sauté pan.
Cook for one minute.
7. After one minute, take the chicken out of the sauté pan. Place the chicken in an oven-safe pan or cooking sheet. Then, put the oven-safe pan or cooking sheet in the oven.
8. Move the sauté pan with the remaining sherry off the heat. Place a teaspoon of butter in the pan. Let it sit. This will be your sauce to top the chicken with at the final plating of the dinner.
Starch Preparation: Risotto
1. Preheat a second sauté pan on a stovetop set to medium heat.
2. Add the contents of the vegetable stock package to the heated pan.
3. Add the contents of the risotto package to the heated pan.
4. Let simmer for one minute.
5. Stir in the contents of the remaining butter and parmesan cheese package. Heat to the desired temperature.
DESIGN YOUR PLATE
1. Scoop risotto onto the center of the plate.
2. Use a tablespoon to arrange the risotto into a round shape. Pat down the top of the risotto until flat.
3. Remove chicken from the oven. Place the fully cooked chicken on top of the risotto.
4. Pour sherry-butter sauce from the first sauté pan, which was used to cook the chicken, over the chicken. There is also an extra package of sherry beurre blanc sauce if you wish to add more. All you need to do is heat the extra sherry beurre blanc sauce in a pan for forty-five seconds.
Plate and serve.