1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place a sauté pan on a stovetop burner set to medium-high heat with a small amount of oil.
3. Remove duck from the packaging and season with salt and pepper.
4. Place season duck skin side down into the heated sauté pan set to medium-high heat, sear for 3 minutes, then turn over and sear for an additional 2 minutes.
5. Once the duck has been sear, place on a baking sheet tray and continues cooking in the duck in the preheated oven. Temperatures and cooking times are as follows: (while duck is in oven move to step 7)
rare – 3 to 4 minutes
med rare- 4 to 5 minutes (chef recommends)
med- 6 to 6 minutes
med well- 6 to 7 minutes
well done- 9 to 10 minutes
6. Once the duck has completed cooking, remove from the oven and allow to rest for 2 to 3 minutes.
7. While the duck is cooking in the oven, place a new sauté pan on the stovetop set to medium-high heat, add the risotto, scallion/ corn mixture, and vegetable stock. Cooking for 5 minutes, then stir in parmesan cheese and butter to finish.
8. Add the wild berry compote to a new sauté pan, place on a stovetop burner set to high heat. Bring the compote to a boil then remove it from the burner and set aside for plating.
9. Repeat the sets described for the wild berry compote with the carrot/sage nage.