Pan-seared North-Atlantic halibut
Local maple-sage glaze
Roasted tricolor fingerling potatoes
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place a nonstick sauté pan with a small amount of oil or butter on a stovetop burner set to medium-high heat.
3. Place halibut in preheated sauté pan top side down. Sear for three minutes and then flip. Sear on the bottom side for an additional three minutes.
4. Once you have completely seared the halibut, place it and the fingerling potatoes on a sheet tray sprayed with pan coating. Place the tray in the preheated oven to continue cooking for six to eight minutes.
5. While the halibut and potatoes are cooking in the oven, place another sauté pan on a stovetop burner set to medium-high heat. Place the maple-sage glaze into the sauté pan. Bring to a simmer. When the glaze has reached a simmer, remove from the burner and set aside for plating.
DESIGN YOUR PLATE
1. Place the fingerling potatoes in the center of the plate.
2. Place the halibut on top of the fingerling potatoes.
3. Top the halibut with the Adirondack succotash.
4. Complete the dish by drizzling the maple-sage glaze around the plate.