Angus beef NY strip steak with African rub
Our meats are all from Colorado ranches. Our butcher carefully trims and vacuum seals each portion. We ship this dinner kit with our family steak-rub recipe from South Africa. The recipe has been in the family for three generations. You will not experience a steak as delicious as this one in any of the best steak houses in the United States—guaranteed. The meat is shipped with cooked starch and par-cooked vegetables. You can plate this dinner within fifteen minutes of opening the box.
Steps To Prepare:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place a sauté pan with a small amount of oil on a stovetop set to medium-high heat.
2. Drizzle the strip steak with a small amount of oil. Then, generously season with African rub. For salt-sensitive palettes, use less rub.
3. Place steak in a preheated sauté pan. Cook each side of the steak for about two minutes.
4. Remove the steak from the sauté pan. Place the steak on a baking sheet. Place the baking sheet in the oven. Cooking times are as follows.
Rare: two to three minutes
Medium rare: three to four minutes
Medium: four to five minutes
Medium well: five to six minutes
Well: eight to nine minutes
If your steaks are going to sit for a few minutes before you serve them, reduce your cooking time in the oven by one minute.
5. While the steaks are in the oven; place two medium sauté pans on a stovetop set to medium heat. Heat the mashed potatoes in one of the pans. If you wish to add water, milk, or butter to the mashed potatoes while they are heating, please do so.
6. Place demi-glace in the other pan. Heat.
7. When your steaks are two minutes from finishing, place the vegetables in the oven.
Mix ingredients together in a serving bowl. Season them to taste
Design Your Plate
1. Place a serving of mashed potatoes onto the center of the plate.
2. Delicately place the steak at an angle (as shown in the picture above) on top of the mashed potatoes.
3. Drizzle a tablespoon of demi-glace on each steak.
4. Place the vegetables on top of the steak.