1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. While the oven preheats, place a sauté pan on a stovetop burner and set the burner to high heat.
3. Drizzle a little oil on the beef then generously cover with the salt and pepper.
4. Add a small amount of oil to the preheated sauté pan, then sear the filet on all sides.
5. Once the filet is browned on all sides, add the mushroom demi sauce to the pan and place it into the preheated oven. Cooking times are listed below.
Rare: 3 minutes each side
Medium -rare: 4 minutes each side
medium: 5 minutes each side
Medium-well: 6 minutes each side
Well: 7 Minutes each side.
6. While beef is cooking, reheat the chipotle-melba-demi sauce in the same pan that the filet was seared in. Once demi is heated, set it to the side for service.